Simplify your life, de-clutter your office, and help the planet!
Here are some interesting statistics around paper, recycling and the environment.
- The United States uses approximately 68 million trees each year to produce paper and paper products.
- On average, a person in the United States uses more than 700 pounds of paper every year – more than anyone else on earth.
- More than 70% of today’s businesses would fail within three weeks if they suffered a catastrophic loss of paper-based records due to fire or flood.
- The paper industry uses more water to produce a ton of product than any other industry.
- Discarded paper is a major component of many landfill sites, accounting for about 35% by weight of municipal solid waste.
- Recycling is important – however, recycling does not keep paper from the landfills forever.
- Paper cannot be recycled indefinitely. Seven to ten times through is about the maximum before the fibers break down.
- Pulp and paper production is the third largest industrial polluter to air, water and land in both Canada and the United States, and releases well over 100 million kg of toxic pollution each year.
Would you like to choose paperless billing? It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Click on My Account (top left).
- Login to your account or register if you are new to the customer portal.
- Go to Payments and chose Paperless Billing. Fill out the form and click enroll.